Friday, July 15, 2005

 

Taman Negara - Day #3

Nuthing much on this day. Woke up to find all our stuffs outside were drenched wet in the down-pour early in the morning (heard the rain falling butwas too lazy to go out and bring the stuffs in).

We had to grab the first boat out - and I made sure this time that I din ANY WATER AT ALL!!! Just took a sip from me mate's drink.

When the boat came, everyone else got onto it. We made our way slowly and were told to wait for the next one. OK. Fine.

It turned out REALLY fine! There were only 7 of us left - so me mate and I could take one whole row (meant for 2) all for ourselves!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Speeding along down the river!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
View of the bank - the rain earlier left the mist in the distance

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Small rapids - other than that, nuthing of much interest along the way.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
View of the front from my place

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And the view of the back and our boatman


Tried to get some sleep - with all the space I had, it got quite comfy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Took the chance to dry off me much worn-out but loyal sandals!!!!

Reached Kuala Tembeling in 2 hours!!!! Was dehydrated then! the drive back to Mentakab was uneventful save for the countles number of durian stalls along the way! We managed to resist temptation - and kept my car odour-free!

Had the famous chicken rice at Mentakab (was thinking bout it all along during the boat ride - and it din disappoint me!).

After lunch, we packed for Charles and went to his school to meet up wif him - he was having choir prac. We chatted for a while - it was interesting to be able to walk into the schoool - very nice school,actually - Wah Lian High School.

That was it - short stop at Bentong was the only break we had and we reached home before dark.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?